Dawning Family Services incorporates programs and case management
to create a personalized plan for each family. The myriad of services include:
Safe and secure shelter
Housing search programs
Prevention & diversion services
Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) assistance
Post-shelter support to ensure a family's continued housing stability
Due to COVID-19 Dawning Family Services is currently limited the items we are accepting, and only asking for items that are necesity. We are in need of the following items in this list, and items from our Hurricane Preparedness list below.
• Gift cards to local gas stations
• Gift cards to Walmart, Publix, Dollar General, and/or Save-A-Lot ($5 increments)
• Non-perishable food (canned, cereals)
• Twin- and crib-sized (24X36 or 25X36) sheets (may be gently used)
• Pillows and pillow cases
• Comforters/Blankets (full size)
• Towels and washcloths (may be gently used)
• Paper Products: tissues, toilet paper, paper towels
• Toothpaste and toothbrushes for adults and children
• Body wash
• Rubbing alcohol
• Hand sanitizer
• All-purpose cleaning supplies and bleach (ex – 409 multi surface, Lysol)
• Diaper cream
• Baby wipes
• Over-the-counter medications (Tylenol/Motrin for adults and children)
• Vitamin C (immunity kind)
Create A Hurricane Preparedness Kit
With Hurricane season on the horizon, Dawning Family Services is requesting donations of Hurricane Kits to provide to families staying with us in shelter and families who have recently moved into permanent housing of their own. Please see the list below that descibestems that are needed for each of the kits. The flyer which includes the hurricane kit list is also below.
- Canned food (tuna, chicken)
- Can opener
- Granola bars
- Beef jerky
- Water bottles or gallon jugs
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant spray and/or wipes
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Battery-operated weather radios
- Batteries (compatible with flashlights)
- Waterproof matches
- OTC Medication for children and adults
- Medicine droppers
- First Aid kits
- Ziploc sandwich bags
- Garbage bags
- Insect repellent
- Buckets with lids to hold supplies
- Rain ponchos
- Latex gloves
Purchase Items Off Our Registry
How To Donate Clothes
Dawning Family Services does not accept clothing donations at this time. We have however, partnered with an organization,
Charity Clothing Pickup, that will give a monetary donation to Dawning Family Services when they receive clothing donations from our referrals. Charity Clothing Pickup will pick up the clothes from your house.
To schedule a pick up with Charity Clothing Pickup, you must complete the form in the button below.
Included are specific instructions for ensuring that Dawning Family Services receives the monetary donation.
On the form, select YES, when asked "Do you have a referral", then type in our name, Dawning Family Services.
How To Donate Diapers
Dawning Family Services does not accept diaper donations at this time as we are limited on storage. We have however, partnered with an organization, The Junior League of Tampa, that will accept your diaper doantions and give them to orgnizations in need of diapers, including Dawning Family Services, free of charge.
To find drop off locations in Hillsborough County, please click on the button below.