Dawning Family Services incorporates programs and case management
to create a personalized plan for each family. The myriad of services include:
Safe and secure shelter
Housing search programs
Prevention & diversion services
Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) assistance
Post-shelter support to ensure a family's continued housing stability
Through guidance, education, and fostering inner strength, Dawning Family Services helps families find their way to sustainable success and security. However, we cannot do it without the support of friends in our community . . . people like you.
Other Ways You Can Financially Support Dawning Family Services
*Dawning Family Services will receive $20
Financial documents for Dawning Family Services can be found here.
Donate To Our Wish List
Due to COVID-19 Dawning Family Services is currently limited the items we are accepting, and only asking for items that are necesity. We are in need of the following items in this list, and items from our Hurricane Preparedness list below.
• Gift cards to local gas stations
• Gift cards to Walmart, Publix, Dollar General, and/or Save-A-Lot ($5 increments)
• Non-perishable food (canned, cereals)
• Twin- and crib-sized (24X36 or 25X36) sheets (may be gently used)
• Pillows and pillow cases
• Comforters/Blankets (full size)
• Towels and washcloths (may be gently used)
• Paper Products: tissues, toilet paper, paper towels
• Toothpaste and toothbrushes for adults and children
• Body wash
• Rubbing alcohol
• Hand sanitizer
• All-purpose cleaning supplies and bleach (ex – 409 multi surface, Lysol)
• Diaper cream
• Baby wipes
• Over-the-counter medications (Tylenol/Motrin for adults and children)
• Vitamin C (immunity kind)
Create A Hurricane Preparedness Kit
With Hurricane season on the horizon, Dawning Family Services is requesting donations of Hurricane Kits to provide to families staying with us in shelter and families who have recently moved into permanent housing of their own. Please see the list below that descibestems that are needed for each of the kits. The flyer which includes the hurricane kit list is also below.
- Canned food (tuna, chicken)
- Can opener
- Granola bars
- Beef jerky
- Water bottles or gallon jugs
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant spray and/or wipes
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Battery-operated weather radios
- Batteries (compatible with flashlights)
- Waterproof matches
- OTC Medication for children and adults
- Medicine droppers
- First Aid kits
- Ziploc sandwich bags
- Garbage bags
- Insect repellent
- Buckets with lids to hold supplies
- Rain ponchos
- Latex gloves
Purchase Items Off Our Registry
Are you interested in volunteering a gift of your time to Dawning Family Services? Please complete our volunteer application by clicking on the button below.
Dawning Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. We currently have one job position available.
Please check check our employment page for more information.